Volunteering Opportunities with the LATA Foundation
We’re looking for dynamic, committed and creative people to join our Fundraising and Events Team at the LATA Foundation. We are all volunteers and give our time to raise as much money as possible for the amazing projects we support. The roles we undertake include fundraising, communications, donor relations, arranging events and finding sponsorship.
We work alongside the projects team on events or campaigns and receive administrative support from LATA. We also work closely with the board of Trustees when proposing campaigns and strategies. Many of us that volunteer with The LATA Foundation have gained a lot of valuable experience that has enhanced our careers, and have also developed lasting working relationships and friendships within the Foundation, LATA and the wider Latin America travel community. It is an inclusive, sociable team and many volunteers stay involved for several years.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Fundraising on any level
- Donor relations (or customer or client relations experience which can then be applied to donor relations)
- Event management and / or support
- Administration – good knowledge and handling of Google Drive documents and image filing
- Content writing / Copywriting
- Graphic design for posters, leaflets, emails etc for campaigns
- Website management
- Communications (drafting press releases/ newsletters/ liaising with journalists etc)
- Social Media (Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram/ Linked In)
- Project management
- Charity sector experience – either as a volunteer or staff member
All team members are required to:
- Develop a good understanding of The LATA Foundation as an organisation, how it has grown and the projects it supports.
- Be dynamic, creative and forthcoming with new ideas for fundraising, donor onboarding and donor retention within the context of the organisation
- Be able to commit to at least 6 months, including team meetings every month and be responsible for a few specific action points.
- Commit to an estimated 6-8 hours per month (this may be more when we have LATA Foundation events)
To register your interest, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you’d like to get involved and what relevant experience you have.