In light of Covid-19, the LATA Foundation is supporting a range of emergency appeals in Latin America with funds being directed to those most in need.
The world, for now at least, seems a very different place from when we were deciding the projects we would support for 2020 back in December.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is currently affecting everyone’s daily lives and impacting the projects that we support in Latin America. Many of our projects have had to change their focus in the recent weeks and months to be able to provide more practical assistance on the ground to those most in need. We are responding as best as we can to these requests and have set up an emergency Covid-19 appeal to raise urgent funds.
You can donate HERE.
Below are details of some of the first donations we have made. We are, as always, extremely grateful to our donors and our volunteers who make this possible and will be adding further details of more initiatives in the coming weeks.
- Facilitating PPE for midwives serving rural communities in Guatemala
- Providing meals for disadvantaged children in Peru
- Supporting street children in Bolivia
- Assisting students and their families in Quito
- Providing food-packages for porters in Peru whose income has dried up due to lack of tourism
To make a donation or find out more about the LATA Foundation’s projects, please click here.